The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (MPI-IS) conducts research to understand the principles of perception, action, and learning in natural and artificial systems that successfully interact with complex environments.
The Haptic Intelligence Department of the institute focuses on understanding haptic (touch-based) interaction by both humans and robots. We draw expertise from biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, cognitive science, and other fields. Our current projects range from basic research on the sense of touch to applications in human-computer interaction and human-robot interaction.
Our team unites people from around the world who thrive in an international environment and enjoy pursuing interdisciplinary research. The variety of projects that we conduct makes our work atmosphere highly dynamic and diverse. The department is looking for an enthusiastic and curious new team member to support our department members and research projects. Specifically, we are looking for a
Technical Assistant (f/m/d)
- Preparing and conducting physical experiments in the labs of the department, in consultation with the scientists Maintaining the department’s research tools and devices
- Assisting scientists with purchases for research equipment, including requesting offers and preparing customs forms when needed
- Coordinating the department inventory Supporting scientists in exporting, importing, and traveling with equipment Training team members in regard to work safety and professional disposal of experiment materials Supporting scientists on various other tasks that could arise
- You are trained as a technical assistant (BTA/MTA/CTA) or have a comparable professional qualification.
- You have relevant professional experience in running experiments and supporting researchers on a variety of topics.
- You are able to work with computers including the Microsoft Office applications.
- You enjoy working in teams as well as independently.
- You are eager to understand new topics, and your willingness to learn is self-evident.
- You have very strong written and oral communication skills in both German and English.
We offer a dynamic international working environment. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications. An initial contract will be offered for two years, and conversion to a permanent position is possible. This position can be offered between 50% and 100%.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and especially encourages them to apply.
Inquiries about the position should be sent to our Department’s assistant, Ms. Ilona Jacobi, at email@example.com.
More information about the Haptic Intelligence Department at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems can be found at https://hi.is.mpg.de. The position is available at the earliest convenience. Preference will be given to applications received by July 01, 2020.
Your application should include a cover letter (in English or German), your résumé (in English or German), and all relevant certificates.
To apply please follow this link: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/msmt/perso/is_s028.nsf/application or send a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems